CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

January 22, 2009

I am such a slacker

One would think that I would be updating this thing more often, beings I'm not working. But, I'm a slacker and my life is pretty boring anyway. Since TJ is 8 months old today (holy crap WHERE did my little baby go???) I figured I should do a quick update :)

TJ is getting more teeth. His top 2 have broken through, and I *think* 2 more are coming in on the bottom. Teething = Cranky Baby who just wants to nurse ALL DAY (and all night) LONG. These teeth need to hurry up.

He still isn't crawling. I'm sure he could if he TRIED but he's lazy. He CAN get himself into a sitting position, though, and has started scooting on his butt. He'll lean forward onto his belly, and put his knees up under him like he's GOING to crawl...but no dice. He just kicks one leg back and rolls onto his side.

Last week he started giving "kisses" when we asked for them. I guess the novelty has worn off, though, becausse this week he's being very stingy with the kisses. Mr. Personality I tell ya.

I also can't stand how smart he is. He is already answering to his name, which if I remember correctly most babies don't do until at least 9 months. He has been doing this for about 2 months now. He also says mama, dada. baba, mom-mom, pop-pop, and nana. Nana has meant night-night a few times, and banana...he was eating little pieces of cut up banana a few nights ago and saying "nana."

Speaking of eating, this kid will eat ANYTHING. We started him on stage 2 babyfood last week. And zweiback toast. He LOVES zweiback toast. With as much as he eats, I can't figure out why he hasn't gained any weight in a month and a half. I had to take him to the pediatrician last Thursday for a nasty diaper rash. At his 6 month appointment he was 16lbs 2oz. On Thursday he was down to 15lbs 8oz. So in a month and a half he lost almost a pound. Dr. Mike wasn't worried about it, but I was. He said that TJ's growth spurt is over and he will get taller more than he will get heavier. But, still, it bothered me that he lost weight. So Dr. Mike told me to give him more cereal, which we are doing twice a day now instead of once...and I'm mixing it with 2oz of formula instead of just water. We go back on the 29th for a weight check, and then on Feb. 23rd for his 9 month well-visit. He is a happy baby (minus the teething crankiness), he's meeting his milestones and then some, he's not lethargic...I just don't like that he lost so much weight. I think Dr. Mike suggested giving him more cereal just to make ME feel better, as he really wasn't concerned at all.

I think that's all on the baby-update front. I have pictures and video to upload, I will work on that today so stay tuned :)

In other news....Walgreens SUCKS. I had to call in to claim my unemployment yesterday for the last 2 weeks. I get all the way through and the stupid automated system tells me that I need to speak with a person. Ok. Fine. Whatever. I call the other number, and it takes me about an hour to finally get to a live person. Apparently when the people at unemployment called Walgreens, they were told that I voluntarily quit. WHAT???? Excuse me????? I TRIED to transfer but there were NO AVAILABLE POSITIONS FOR ME. WTF???? So now I have to wait until a claims adjuster calls me on Feb. 3rd. I'd LOVE to know who they spoke to. Probably some twit at corporate who gets paid big bucks to ruin people's lives. I WILL get unemployment, whether they like it or not.

That's all for now....remember...stay tuned for pictures and videos of TJ!!!

5 comments:

Katie said...

You still slack. Lets go. I know you don't do anything all day. It's not like you have a baby at home or anything. :P

Miss ya, Love ya, all that.

Katie said...

Even though you don't blog, I gave you an award :P Check it out!

And I don't know..MAYBE BLOG?!

Sri Selvalakshmi said...

Nice article!!Thanks for sharing your experiencesEgg Wholesale Price in Namakkal

luckys said...

gta 5 apk
Her connection customer support if they are time-consuming to respond, at hand are three possibilities

Anonymous said...

Before enrolling into our members constituentnly suffer mastered how links links vote for our agent, to get out of fraud agents to facilitate can hurt our deposit money in accounts to facilitate suffer been registered.
Download Moto Traffic Race 2 Mod Apk