CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

November 24, 2008

Stupid Freakin Job.

Since we are moving in just over a month, I had to tell my boss about our plans. A 2 hour drive to and from work just isn't in the cards. Bossman took it well, all things considered. He emailed the district manager for the Jersey South district on Thursday. On Friday he did not have good news. According to the DM, she does not have any openings until the middle of 2009. WHAT??? Are you SERIOUS??? I've been with this freakin company for FOUR YEARS. I worked in FOUR different stores when I was VERY pregnant because they didn't have "room" for another daytime manager in a single store. I worked the overnight shift BY MYSELF on NEW YEARS EVE when I was 19 weeks pregnant. I NEVER call out sick. I go to work when I'm sick. I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've called out in nearly four years. And yet, they don't have a place for me??? This is just beyond stupid. Let me find out that they promote ONE person to assistant manager or hire ONE assistant manager "off the streets." There will be hell to pay.
/rant.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Another reason to love Walgreens. Would writing that rant in a letter form, less the "Stupid MoFos" things work at all?

Seriously, they have room. I don't even work for Walgreens and I know they have room.

Unknown said...

Honey that is seriously retarded! You have worked your butt off for them and this is how they are going to repay you!

If you need anything please let me know. How can I help?

Anonymous said...

ok time for me to get mad. mad at the fact that there are mgts who can just about tie their shoes, cannot count unless they take thier shoes and socks off, have serious cash handling probs,work thier ass off when the store mgr is tthere but sit in the office or on their cell phones once the boss is out the door, and goof off with the help, and wont work anything but hours they want. yet they are still there. I have seen it i have voiced about it. then they want to pull this crap with you?? This is so not fair!It is wrong!!!