CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

December 12, 2008

Well, That Solved That Now, Didn't It.

Once again I find myself in the "What the hell am I gonna do about a job" boat I was in a few weeks ago. Last week I was presented with an option to go to another store in my district. I finally told my boss that as long as I could still have Christmas Day off and as long as I could still work 4pm-12am I would go. Those are my deal breakers. Period. As I've said before, it is TJ's first Christmas and I'm NOT missing it for ANYTHING. And, since childcare is a bit of an issue (even though there are 9000 people who would gladly watch him for me, and I may take some of you up on that once we move and I find a job....) I need to work 4-12. Well. The stupid store manager in the Hamilton store decided that those hours don't work for him. WHAT??? WHY would you decline to have an assistant manager work until midnight? ESPECIALLY during the Holidays?????? Ugh. Whatever.

So, here I am, jobless after January 2. Of course bossman said I can stay in his store as long as I need to, but we are probably going to shut off all of the utilities that we can as of January 1 or 2. Oh, yeah that's the other thing. We can't get out of our lease until February 28, and then we still have to pay 1 more month after that for the early termination fee. Blah. At least the leasing manager is going to let us make payments on the "extra" month and my parents aren't going to charge us until we are done paying here. Thank goodness. That will give me time to find a job, and we will only be 2 weeks without me getting paid since I will have 2 weeks of vacation come January 1 that I will get paid for.

Hopefully the opportunity at Rite Aid will pan out or something better will come along. Don't worry, I'll keep you all updated :)

0 comments: